Saturday, November 12, 2011

Face Wash

Last week I started exploring home made face products. I started with a baking soda exfoliator and explored some options for a face wash. I tried honey & milk and yogurt & oatmeal and think they work great, but I think the easiest option is the Jojoba and Castor oil mixture, which I found at Dula Notes and ReadyMade and is known as the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM).

Ingredients:
Jojoba Oil
Castor Oil
Reusable Container
Wash cloth (I use Aveda's Shammy Cloth)

Making the Mixture:
For dry skin use 75% jojoba oil and 25% Castor oil.
If you're skin is oily use 75% Castor, 25% jojoba.
If it's normal use 50% of each.


I mixed 2 tablespoons of Castor oil with 6 tablespoons of Jojoba oil, then topped the bottle off with another tablespoon of Castor oil since my face is normal to dry, so I figured 30/70 would be a good ratio.

Directions:
Pour a nickel sized amount in your hand and massage onto your dry face.
Massage for a few minutes. You don't have to remove your make up before doing this because it works as a make up remover as well!
Wet your wash cloth under hot water (it should be hot, but not so hot that you burn yourself).
Lay the cloth on your face and press down. Repeat as often as you like, rinsing the wash cloth each time.
Rinse the washcloth and gently wipe excess oil off your face.
Splash your face with cold water.
Pat dry with a towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment