Friday, November 4, 2011

Face Exfoliator

Another easy-recipe from Coyne & Knutzen's Making It - Radical Home Ec for a Post-Consumer World: Baking Soda Facial Exfoliator

Ingredients:
Baking Soda
Water

Directions:
Put a nickel-size amount of baking soda in your hand.
Add enough water to make a paste.
Use your fingertips to work the paste into your face and neck. Don't scrub vigorously.
Rinse, pat dry and apply a moisturizer.

It's so simple, yet it works great! I found an alternate recipe where you use honey instead of water, which I'll be trying next time.

But the search continues for a daily option.....

While baking soda is a gentle exfoliator and I definitely plan on using it a few times a week, I've been searching around for a daily home made face wash. I want it to be affordable, easy to make and I want the ingredients to be items I typically have at home.

A few of the choices I'm considering:
Suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment